This is a little category that I like to call Love It or Hate It. First, I’ll tell you reasons to love it. Second, I’ll tell you the reasons to hate it. Then I’ll tell you my final verdict and you’re more than welcome to comment which one you would choose and why. I would love to hear from you!
1. Makes everything green. Okay, so I might be a bit biased on this one, but I LOVE the color green. I have a green backpack, green sheets, green curtains, green walls, etc. So, when it rains, I know that the grass and plants will become vibrant in my favorite color. Who doesn’t want to see their favorite color everywhere.
2. Has a soothing sound. On those chilly days when the sun isn’t shining and the rain is pitter pattering outside. There is nothing better than cuddling up in some warm blankets and listening to the sound of the raindrops tapping on the ground. There are even videos and apps that you can plug into and listen to that sound on repeat for hours on end. I don’t know why it is so soothing, but boy am I glad that it is.
3. Cleans things for free. When it rains, I want it to pour. I want buckets and buckets of fast punching rain to smack the ground. All so I don’t have to bring my car to the car wash to get the thousands of bugs off my windshield that I’ve been staring every time I drive. It’s gotten so bad that I’ve actually given certain smashed bugs names because they’ve been on there so long. I mean, it’s not always a good thing though. The looks I get when I’m staring out the window at my car screaming “DIE, LARRY, DIE!” is enough for anyone to question my sanity.
4. Good luck. I am definitely the sucker that believes that rain is a sign of good luck. Yeah it may have originally meant good luck if it rained on your wedding day, but I disagree. I think that at any time in your life, when it starts to rain it’s a sign that your luck is about to turn for the better. Maybe that’s why the Irish are always considered so lucky, because it rains ALL THE TIME there at RANDOM INTERVALS (based on my experience).
1. Soaks you to the bone. When your someone who has gone so low as to go to the bathroom right before your Accounting 301 final to wring out at least a gallon of water from your jeans, the rain becomes enemy number one of the day. We’ve all probably had that experience when we channel our inner cat as we growl and hiss down a long hallway, dripping wet, and squeaking with every step. The rain is fun to watch from inside, but unless your Don Lockwood from Singing in the Rain, you may not be as excited to walk in it.
2. Traffic, traffic, and more traffic. All I have to say about this is: ITS JUST WATER! WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING SO FREAKING SLOW! ARGH! I’m cool…I’m cool…I know that it’s raining and we need to go slower…BUT IT’S ONLY MISTING! THE CLOUDS ARE GIVING LITTLE SNEEZES AND WE’RE TREATING IT LIKE A TIDAL WAVE. (But in all seriousness, please drive as comfortably and slowly as you want in the rain. Safety first.)
3. It always seems to happen when you are the least prepared.
ACT I SCENE I
“Oh would you look at that, it’s raining. It’s a good thing I didn’t bring my umbrella, a rain jacket, a hat, or anything to keep my papers dry with me,” said everyone.
My Verdict: LOVE IT
Yes, there are plenty negatives about the rain. But for me personally, the rain is something that has a special meaning. Ever since I was in Ireland, I began to love the rain a little more with every sprinkle. Like the time it started to torrential downpour and I had to bolt into a little coffee shop to avoid it. I had the best cup of coffee I’d ever had (and I don’t even like coffee that much). Or the time I was walking back from the bus stop to my apartment and it started to rain, then hail and I was forced to stand underneath a bridge. Good thing there was a young lad with a guitar there to play us some tunes while we waited out the rain.
To me, rain is good luck. It may not seem like it at the time and you may hate it in the moment, but you may be surprised by what the tides bring in. Except if you see a literal tidal wave of water coming your way, please run away as quickly as possible.
2 thoughts on “Love it or Hate it: Rain”
I absolutely have to agree with you! Rainy weather is the best weather. Though I don’t have quite the same reasons as you do. ;D
I mean when it rains its like the perfect temperature. You also get to just sit inside, binge watch something and look out every once in a while to see it all come down. Plus after it rains everything looks so nice and the smell is amazing. Definitely worth getting a little wet for!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for your comments! I also love the smell of the air after it rains, and definitely worth getting wet for sometimes, I agree.